Choosing a Home Remodeling Company
Finding the Fairfield County home remodeling company who's right for you is not as simple as picking up the Yellow Pages. On a big home remodeling project, you may be working closely with this individual for several months, so you want to do everything possible to ensure that you make the right decision.
Here are some good places to start your search:
- Seek referrals from friends, family, neighbors, co-workers, and others who have had home remodeling work done.
- Talk to independent trade contractors, building materials suppliers, architects, engineers, home inspectors, and local lenders.
- Look for professional certifications like Certified Graduate Remodelor (CGR) and Certified Aging in Place Specialist.
Once you have identified some strong home remodeling candidates, do even more checking to ensure that these are the kinds of home remodeling companies with whom you would like to do business.
- Contact Local Consumer Protection Agencies
- Call your Florida's consumer protection agency and the Better Business Bureau to find out if there are any unresolved complaints filed against the home remodeling company.
- You should also contact your Florida's contractor licensing agency and state and local building inspectors to verify that the home remodeling company has the appropriate license(s) and a clean record. You can view Remodeling Remedies by clicking here
- Interview Previous or Present Customers
An essential step in your decision-making process is to check a Fairfield County home remodeling company's references. Ask for the names and phone numbers of current and former customers; then take the time to interview them (preferably in their homes so that you can take a look at the home remodeling company's work).